Armagh delivers a comprehensive package of support services to victims/survivors and their families across a wide geographical area covering Armagh, Banbridge Newry & Mourne, Portadown, Lurgan, Moira, Kilkeel, Dungannon & Moy area. All services are offered on a cross community basis in keeping with the ethos of the organisation.
Our staff provide a continuum of trauma intervention services in relation to individual need, including Outreach Support Services, Counselling, Complementary Therapies, Welfare-Advice/Advocacy, Peer-Support, creative, therapeutic and Personal Development courses and a range of accredited Trauma Training courses.
Many of the families we work with have remained under the radar for years, suffering with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, prolonged grief, social isolation, chronic pain due to physical injury, mental health problems, loss of earnings, and intimidation which is still widespread in some parts of NI.
The following support services are available from the Armagh WAVE centre each week:
- Outreach Support by Case Workers - Monday-Friday
- Counselling/Psychotherapy - Wednesday
- Complementary Therapies - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Complementary Therapies are also provided in Lurgan and Keady
- Welfare & Advice - Monday - Wednesday
- Psychosocial & Educational Programmes
- Peer Support Groups – Themed around, Art & Crafts, Men’s Group, Walking, Members Support, The Injured
A weekly drop-in support group meets each Wednesday in our satellite centre in Altnaveigh House, Newry. Complementary therapies, welfare advice and outreach support can also be accessed through this Satellite
Armagh staff provide a professional service, an inclusive work practice and a well thought-out support service. They continue to build on their wealth of experience and expertise with ongoing trauma specific training. They take a person-centred approach, putting the individual with trauma at the core of their work.
- Project Manager – Anne Cartmill
- Outreach – Betty Speers, Margaret Coffey & Kate Richardson
- Administrator – Amanda McParland
- Welfare Co-ordinator – Annette Creelman