WAVE's Day of Reflection events - Tuesday 21st June
24th May 2016
The ‘Day of Reflection’ is a ‘Healing Through Remembering’ initiative and it is a day to acknowledge the deep hurt and pain caused by the Conflict in and about Northern Ireland, to reflect on our own attitudes, on what more we might have done or might still do, and to make a personal commitment that such loss should never be allowed to happen again.
The first Day of Private Reflection took place on Thursday 21 June 2007. The purpose of the day is to "Provide an opportunity for people to remember the events of the past in a non-confrontational, dignified and respectful manner."
There shall be a Day of Reflection event in each of our centres:
- WAVE Armagh Centre - The Armagh WAVE Centre will mark the Day of Private Reflection with a short remembrance ceremony led by the new Lord Mayor of the Armagh, Bann and Craigavon Council. The new centre located at 15 Abbey Street, BT61 7DX will then be officially opened by the Mayor and guests will have the opportunity to explore the centre and view the wonderful pieces of arts and crafts produced by our groups which will be on display together with service information stalls fromsome of our local partners. This event shall take place from 12 noon to 4pm with light refreshments being served from 1pm. All are welcome to attend.
- WAVE Ballymoney Centre - invites you to a reflective session on Tuesday 21st June at 11.30am where there will be an opportunity to listen to 'Stories from Silence' or watch material of victims and survivors of the Conflict. Participants can reflect and exchange thoughts. A light lunch shall be provided.
- WAVE Belfast Centre - Day of Reflection event shall take place on Tuesday 21st June at 6.30pm in the Centre. George Larmour, author of the book 'They Killed The Ice Cream Man' (published by Colourpoint) shall be our Guest Speaker. A light buffet shall be provided.
- WAVE Derry Londonderry Centre - Day of Reflection event shall take place on Tuesday 21st June from 11am - 2pm where clients shall be able to reflect in a safe and quiet environment. A light buffet shall be provided.
- WAVE Omagh Centre - Day of Reflection event shall take place on Tuesday 21st June at 1.30pm in the Centre. The event shall consist of a cross-community service and light buffet. For catering purposes, please RSVP to the Centre on 028 82252522.
Should you require further information about any of our events, please contact your nearest Centre.